Aloo Potol is a traditional Bengali recipe. With Navratri round the corner, Bengalis feast on this occasion and aloo potol is one of the popular dishes. Bengalis are known for making Niramesh.
Aloo Potol in which they do not use any onion or garlic. Some people use this in festivals as onion and garlic tend to increase the tamasic nature in the body and not using them would keep the body light and help to attain sattvic qualities. Lets see how to make delicious Aloo Potol.
Ingredients required to make Aloo Potol:
- 2 cups of Potol ( also known as Parval) which are sliced into chunks
- 2 cups of potatoes , peel them and slice them into chunks
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder ( you can increase it slightly if you want it spicy)
- 1 tsp dry mango powder (amchur powder)
- 1 table spoon garam masala powder
- 2 table spoon gram flour
- 1/4 cup of coriander leaves which are chopped ( to be used for garnishing)
- 2 table spoon vegetable oil
- salt to taste
Process of Making Aloo Potol:
Now that you are ready with the ingredients , lets see how to make delicious Aloo Potol. Take a pan and put some oil into it. Heat the pan and add some potatoes, salt, potol and other spices. You can add gram flour , peanuts later.
Now saute the ingredients and simmer it by adding some water. Cover the pan and stir occasionally. After few minutes, add gram flour and peanuts and cook for some time. Now finally garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and the delicious.
Aloo Potol is ready to be served hot.